Saturday 16 May 2009

Rubbish, Rubbish, Rubbish, There is nothing on hun...

Around 9pm most evenings I sit down to catch up with Amanda (my wife, partner and friend) we discuss the days events, our sons day and our extended families comings and goings while I site with the remote control and flick.

The conversation slows and then dies.

Without warning or any control I start to speak in a uninterested and mono-toned voice. Arm outstretched and the word rubbish, rubbish, rubbish robotically falling out of my mouth.

Finally I wake from my hypnotic trance and turn to Amanda and speak the words I have come to dread.

"Hun there is nothing on"

100's of channels, hard drives full of movies and yet we can not decide what to watch.

A few years ago I came across TED. I think Tom a pal from work introduced me to the wonders of this site.

Why this wonderful, fun, and entertaining content is not broadcast on mainstream TV channels....Arggggh while tat like Big Brother et al fills our screens...arggghh. Well enough of a rant seriously check this out! Do it! You will be amazed!


No comments: